A very interesting way to support the channel and blog is by buying the products one is going to buy anyway, using my channels affiliation links. The products seen on this page, have either been reviewed on my YouTube channel, on one of my channel buddies channels, reviewed right here on the blog, or are in use with me personally.
Using these links doesn’t cost the buyer anything extra, but goes along way to support my efforts, servers, components & parts, and production costs.
PowerFilm Rollables on Amazon
- R7 https://amzn.to/2EGODaK
- R14 https://amzn.to/2EOzEvc
- R21 https://amzn.to/2EGPxEa
- R28 https://amzn.to/2tSysSJ
- R42 TBD
- R60 https://amzn.to/2EGfqUw
DIY QRO LiFePO4
- Headway 38120 – Europe, North America
- Bestech BMS – Worldwide ebay listing
Powerpole distribution kit – Europe, North America
- Genasun GV-10 MPPT 12.8v charge controller for 4S LiFePO4 – Europe, North America
Powerpole crimper – Europe, North America
- Powerpole connectors – Europe, North America
- 12 guage shielded wire (please source locally)
- Heat shrink Worldwide
Other odds & ends – Worldwide
Bestech 4S LiFePO4 BMS: DIY Solar Generator
As with all my builds, the BMS is the heart of the storage system. In lithium based systems, the BMS takes care of:
- balancing the cells,
- provides short circuit protection,
- over voltaghe protection,
- under voltage protection
This is the same BMS we used in the 10ah Headway LiFePO4 build, so we have more than a year of trouble free, rock solid experience with this board in the field. We are also lucky the a ham radio operator in the USA supporting this project, has sources the boards fromt he manufacturer, making it easier to optain the board for builders- This supports the project, but also provides a trouble free source for the boards at a reasonable price.
The board is available from ebay and delivered from the United States
Bestech BMS – Worldwide ebay listing
A123 LiFePO4 battery pack
- Buy from ebay A123 ANR26650 (B Grade) cells from ebay international seller
N9TAX Slim Jim Antenna
This is the real deal as reviewed by Guerrillacomm on YouTube.
Authentic Dual Band N9TAX Slim Jim antenna!
The N9TAX Slim Jim antenna is a 2m/70cm roll up antenna. N9TAX has produced these antennas professionally for nearly a decade, saying he has sold over 15000 units.
- Dual Band 2m/70cm (144-148 / 440-450)
- Antenna body approx 5′ in length.
- Feedline 1′ in length.
- Will handle 100+ watts.
- 6db of gain.
- Low radiation takeoff angle (peak <4 degrees)
- 5 oz total weight.
- Built with durable materials.
- Sealed from the weather.
- Proper connectors (no bulkhead female SMA connectors)
- High quality RG-58 cabling.
- Durable Ladder wire construction (not tv ribbon cable)
- Trapped UHF section for proper band alignment.
- Ferrite choke installed on cable.
- MADE IN THE USA!
Chameleon Hybrid Micro
Chameleon F-LOOP 2.0
CHA TD Broadband Terminated Dipole
All Super Antenna Products on Amazon
Read the original blog post here
Mini 60 Antenna Analyzer
Antenna analyzers are a critical piece of equipment for any radio operator. In this video, I show you how to set-up the Mini 60 (Sark 100 MR 100 clone) Antenna Analyzer, on an Android smartphone or tablet. You’ll also learn how to scan a portion or the entire band, while connected to a magnetic loop antenna. Here’s a short Rundown of the features which helped me decide on the Mini 60 over a new MFJ antenna analyzer. – Pocket Sized – Reasonably Priced – Wireless connectivity – Android compatibility and apps – Internal lithium battery – External broad voltage DC input – Rechargeable over USB The links mentioned in the video can all be found at the original blog post here:
mcHF Clone RS-918 HF SDR Transceiver
If you found this, you probably already read my pages on the topic. I think it’s absolute crap that a Chinese company can come in take someone’s work without giving them the credit for it. For the record, if they send me one, yes I would certainly review it on the channel. With that said, I’m saving all my pennies for an Elecraft KX2. Still, rather than rehashing all that here, here’s a link to my page on this radio.
Here are all the videos I’ve collected on this radio.