In this video, I head out to the forest with the Yaesu FT-891, and a new antenna called the EMCOMM 3 Portable from Chameleon Antenna. My goal was to find a good NVIS configuration for Scandinavia and the nearby Baltic countries.
I setup the EMCOMM 3P horizontally, at about 10 feet, between two Birch trees. I used a counterpoise on the ground directly underneath the wire.
Mentioned in the video:
– Yaesu FT-891 https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKMrdrsNkFA4-TKeROn_pkpE004jw3vPM
– Chameleon EMCOMM 3P http://chameleonantenna.com/WIRE_ANTENNAS/CHA_EMCOMM_III_PORTABLE/CHA_EMCOMM_III_%20PORTABLE.html
– DIY LiFePO4 battery pack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU46f9_vDr4&list=PLKMrdrsNkFA43q0POuXM-5-49yOd3t4CP
– Portable Solar Powered Ham Radio https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKMrdrsNkFA6HAF2GtA75XN3grYTRi1dw
– Logging by HAMLOG on Android
If you found this episode useful, consider dropping a buck in the tip-jar here: https://paypal.me/oh8stn/1USD alternatively you can support the channel through my Patreon page http://www.patreon.com/oh8stn